Listen to this week’s episode of the Eternal Health Podcast with Laura:
There are many negative effects of television watching. In this episode we look at the impact of television on children, effects of TV on the brain, body and on our society and in shaping our worldview. With 99% of western homes having an average of 2.2 TVs and watching 4 hours per day, we really need to ask ourselves, “what is this doing to our mental, bodily and spiritual health?”
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- The effect of TV on the speech of children under the age of two
- The brainwashing tactics routinely used by media outlets
- The links between TV watching and depression and anxiety
- How to combat the negative effects of television and be discerning
Links & resources mentioned:
- Optimum Health Scorecard
- Evidence-based research study: Impact of media use on children and youth
- Evidence-based research study: The impact of lifestyle intervention on sedentary time in individuals at high risk of diabetes
- Evidence-based research study: Television viewing time and reduced life expectancy: a life table analysis
- Evidence-based research study: A national longitudinal study of the association between hours of TV viewing and the trajectory of BMI growth among US children.
Tedx Talk – Dimitri Christakis on TV Watching & Children
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comments section below.
- Ask a question via my Contact page.
- Send me a voice message.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave a positive review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one. Here’s how to subscribe, rate and review on iTunes.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download via a podcasting app on your phone.
I hope you enjoyed this podcast and blog post – Mental Health – The Negative Effects of Television On The Brain, Our Children And Society. Do leave a comment below with your thoughts and questions.
Thanks for listening!
Catch you next time on Eternal Health,